What information do we collect about you?
We collect the information you give us when you subscribe to our newsletter, respond to our emails or participate in our competitions and surveys.
You can update your information at any time on your preferences page. A link to this will be provided in the footer of every email we send you.
The data will be stored by our EMS (email marketing service) provider: Campaign Monitor and is processed by EmailbyEnvoy.
How will we use the information about you?
We will use the information to contact you with emails containing information that we believe to be of interest or value to subscribers to the list.
The information will be used solely for this purpose and will not be shared with third parties.
An unsubscribe link will be included in every email we send you, so you can leave our list whenever you wish.
How to contact us
You have a number of rights under the General Data Protection Regulation:
- The right to be informed about how your personal data is used and stored
- The right of access to see your personal data held by us
- The right to rectification if we hold your personal data incorrectly
- The right to erasure if you want us to remove your personal data from our records
- The right to object to our processing of your data
- You also have rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling (which we do not do), to the restriction of processing and the right to data portability. We do not believe these will apply to the data we hold for you.
We will rely upon our legitimate interests as our lawful basis for processing your data. This means that as you have asked to be kept informed about the Esk Valley Line and that is the purpose of our business we will not seek your express consent for the processing. We have carried out a legitimate interests’ assessment to test this basis and it is available from us on request.
About this website
- Great care has been taken in the compilation of this website. The information that is provided here is believed to be correct but given without prejudice. However, the Esk Valley Railway Development Company shall not be liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience arising from inaccuracies.
- If you notice that any of the information on this website contains mistakes or needs updating, please contact us: email@example.com.
About links to and from this website
- Links from this website are not endorsed by the Esk Valley Railway Development Company.
- Links and frames connecting this website with other websites are for convenience only and do not mean that Esk Valley Railway Development Company endorses or approves those other websites, their content or the people have created or who maintain them.
- It is the responsibility of the user to make their own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information found at websites linked to from this website.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a piece of data sent to your device from a website. This means the website can recognise your device if you return to the same website. Cookies do not contain any personal information about you and cannot be used to identify an individual user. A cookie often includes a unique identifier, which is an anonymous number (randomly generated) and is stored on your device. Some expire at the end of your website session; others remain on your computer for longer. These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task, e.g. filling out a web form or a web survey
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast
- analysing anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with the different aspects of our online services so we can make them better
You can manage these small files and learn more about them from the Information Commissioner’s Office website. For more information about cookies or if you would like to learn how to remove cookies set on your device, visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org.
Google Analytics cookies are used to evaluate site performance in terms of number of visits, unique visitors, drop-off rate for transactions etc. We measure numbers and volumes of visitors to different parts of our site and this helps us ensure the service is fast and available when you want it. It also helps us ensure that different pages on our site are useful and easy to find.
How to control and delete cookies
However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our websites, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your machine as well as more general information about cookies.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website.
If you wish to view a cookie's code, just open your cookie file in your browser and click on a cookie to open it. You'll see a short string of text and numbers. The numbers are your identification card, which can only be seen by the server that gave you the cookie.
For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
To opt-out of third-parties collecting any data about your interaction on our website, please refer to their websites for further information.
Visiting the www.eskvalleyrailway.co.uk website and using the information available implies that you agree to the following:
- Copyright of the material – including images – available on this website is owned by the Esk Valley Railway Development Company and by individual contributors. All rights reserved.
- Visitors to the website may use information in the ways described in this legal notice:
- You may download or print a single copy of copyright material from www.eskvalleyrailway.co.uk for research or personal use;
- You must not change any of the material or remove any part of any copyright notice;
- No information contained on the site may be used for commercial purposes, unless the appropriate owner(s) as detailed above has/have given prior written permission.
If you have any queries, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.